Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Common Photo Mistakes: underexposed, overexposed, camera motion blur, out of focus.

Mistakes Assignment - Common Photo Mistakes: underexposed, overexposed, back focused, camera motion blur, subject motion blur, out of focus. Shoot photos that are examples of 4 out of these 6 mistakes. Upload to your blog and label each one with the mistake you made and how you would avoid it next time. Due Date: 1/31

Underexposed
Camera: Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Shutter: 1/500 sec
Aperture: f/8
Exposure Setting: Manual
ISO: 200
Strobe Flash: No Flash
Lens Focal Length: 5mm
White Balance: Auto
Overexposed
Camera: Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Shutter: 2.5 sec
Aperture: f/8 
Exposure Setting: Manual
 ISO: 800
Strobe Flash: No Flash
Lens Focal Length: 5mm
White Balance: Auto
For these first 2 pictures I would adjust either my shutter speed or f-stop/aperture to avoid these mistakes in the future.
Camera Motion Blur
Camera: Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Shutter: 1/8 sec
Aperture: f/8
Exposure Setting: Manual
ISO: 200
Strobe Flash: No Flash
Lens Focal Length: 5mm
White Balance: Auto
To fix this mistake I could either use a tripod or set my shutter speed after I found out which speed is my comfortable setting to reduce my natural shake.
Out of Focus
Camera: Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Shutter: 1/8 sec
Aperture: f/8
Exposure Setting: Manual
ISO: 200
Strobe Flash: No Flash
Lens Focal Length: 29mm
White Balance: Auto
To adjust for this I would use the auto focus setting on my camera. I could also change my resolution settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment